Meet Cynthia D'Amour, MBA
Cynthia is a frequent speaker at leadership conferences and conventions adding lots of can-do, high-energy fun to the events.
Having served more than 67 total years on volunteer boards and recruited more than 250 members, Cynthia D’Amour understands the key issues association leaders face dealing with today's members.
- Her mother makes friends out of strangers everywhere she goes.
- Cynthia's dad was president of practically every organization he ever joined.
Cynthia has a degree in marketing from Michigan State University and earned an MBA in leadership with a focus on association management from University of Phoenix.
Cynthia uses her experience as an 8th grade teacher and an award-winning manager at Macy's to create a fun approach to developing leadership skills and facilitating strategic meetings.
As Vice President of Communications and Member Services for the Michigan Association of CPAs, Cynthia led her team to receive two honorable mentions in the American Society of Association Executives'(ASAE) Associations Advance America program.
Cynthia walks her talk about using relationship-building strategies as a leader. She...
- Served on ASAE's Fund Development Committee to help launch ASAE's new foundation.
- Is a Past Chair and current member of ASAE's Components Relations Section Council and past member of the Research Committee.
- Is member of the Junior League of Ann Arbor and theAnn Arbor Area Alumnae Chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha.
- Listing in Who's Who in Business and Professional Women
- Named one of the Notable American Women
- Named an Outstanding Young Michigander by the Michigan Junior Chamber of Commerce.
- The Lazy Leader's Guide to Outrageous Results
- How to Turn Generation Me into Active Members of Your Association
- How to Recruit Generation Me
- Members Tell All
- Networking: The Skill the Schools Forgot to Teach